First Accredited Massage School in California.
Contact an Admissions Representative
In keeping with our high standards of excellence, the National Holistic Institute is nationally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. In fact, we were the first nationally accredited massage therapy school in California in the early 1980's and therefore the first massage school to offer federal financial aid in California. In addition, we have a number of additional approvals, licenses, and official relationships that benefit our students and graduates who want to learn massage and gain massage therapy certification.
Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training
The U.S. government's federal register states that "The essential purpose of the accreditation process is to provide a professional judgment as to the quality of the institution or program(s) offered, and to encourage continual improvement." We are periodically reviewed by our accrediting agency, both via scheduled and unscheduled visits, to ensure that we maintain high standards.
National Holistic Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). ACCET is listed by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. In support of ACCETÃ•s standards, NHI upholds the following principles of professional ethics and training in massage:
- To provide programs of study that are educationally sound, up-to-date, of high quality and are demonstrably effective.
- To maintain fair, ethical and clearly stated advertising, admission, and enrollment practices by accurately and fairly representing our institution and its services to all people.
- To provide effective student counseling and motivational programs that recognize individual differences and ensure successful student retention, graduation and employability where applicable.
- To demonstrate the ultimate benefit of private educational training programs through satisfied participants.
- To maintain an effective peer review system that ensures proper and ethical administration of all financial aspects of the institution.
- To promote the concept of voluntary self-regulation inherent in the accreditation process.
- To demonstrate a commitment to the people we serve through local community involvement and participation.
- To demonstrate the effectiveness of private educational training, thereby providing essential skills to support a productive American workforce.
- To promote continuing education and training programs of the highest quality and integrity.
NHI's Massage Therapist Certification Course
Our Massage Certification program gives you the skills that you need to succeed in this rapidly growing, dynamic profession of massage therapists. Our level of training is simply unmatched in our field and it is an experience to study the various massage techniques at NHI.
Our in-depth course structure covers various massage techniques and trains you in order to assess a client's individual needs and how to develop a customized massage program to meet those needs. Furthermore, in the massage therapist certification program, you will learn Swedish massage, acupressure/shiatsu massage, sports massage, massage for pregnant women, massage for people with injuries, seated massage, foot reflexology, deep tissue massage, energy massage, joint mobilization, rocking and shaking massage, professional draping procedures, body mechanics for the therapist, Hot Stone massage, Thai massage, aromatherapy, and assessment and customization of massage sessions. These massage courses enable you to use your massage therapist certification to be able to provide your clients' professional support and work as a professional Massage Therapist.
In addition to the massage techniques in our massage therapist course, you are taught about the human body and the physiology of the human body. Among the various topics, you will be taught about the structure and function of the musculo-skeletal system, including the origin, insertion, and action of muscles; range of motion; postural analysis; and kinesiology.
NHI recognizes the varying demands of the students' busy lives and thus offers flexible schedules in their massage courses to meet their needs. NHI's Massage Therapist Course has been designed to give you a comprehensive system of knowledge to have the kind of success that Massage Therapists with full professional training deserve.
NHI, strives to maintain the highest educational standards. Admission to the massage certification programs is based on your motivation and your commitment to pursuing a professional career in Massage Therapy. NHI does not discriminate, and no applicant shall be rejected from admission to the school on the basis of age, race, color, sex, disability, or national origin.
So, if you want to take up massage therapy as a career then a massage therapist certification course at NHI'smassage training bay area is the one you need to study.