Employer Pages: Special Events Program
Step 1 of 2: Please read the following and then click the link below.
The purpose of National Holistic Institute's (NHI) special events (outreach) program is to provide Massage Therapists-in-training with an opportunity to:
- put their world-class massage training into "real-world" practice with massage therapist job.
- give back to the community by providing therapeutic massage.
- network with the public to establish potential future clients.
The special events program is a service provided to the public by current students and recent graduates of National Holistic Institute. In addition to their comprehensive 900-hour program of training, many students and graduates are willing and interested in enhancing their massage therapist job experience at NHI by offering their massage therapy skills to the community.
The special events program is very similar to NHI's externship program in that it allows massage therapists-in-training to hone their skills in the real-world. However, the special events program is NOT a requirement for students to graduate from National Holistic Institute.
Posting a Special Event
Do you have an upcoming special event? Would you like to offer therapeutic massage services at your special event? Post your special event with NHI! Before doing so, please take note of the following details:
- There is no charge to post a special event.
- Special events are posted via campus bulletin boards and an E-newsletter sent to current students and recent graduates twice a month on the 1st and 15th of every month.
- Current Students/Recent Graduates of NHI will contact you themselves if they are interested in providing their therapeutic massage services at your special event.
- Please give sufficient time for NHI to process and post the special event before your upcoming event. Ideally, forms should be submitted at least 4-6 weeks prior to the date of your event.
- Approved special events will be posted no sooner than 6 weeks prior to the first day of the event, unless otherwise requested in the "Specifics" portion of the form.
- National Holistic Institute does NOT guarantee that current students or recent graduates will be available or interested in participating in your posted special event.
- The special events program is not a requirement for NHI students to graduate.
- Special events are usually one-time events. If you are interested in hiring a NHI graduate or obtaining a NHI student extern, click here to learn more.
If you have read and understand the details listed above, and are interested in posting an special event for current students and recent graduates of NHI, you may proceed to the...
Special Events Form
"I did a lot of research, coast to coast to find a school with the most comprehensive bodywork program and NHI was it. Now I've been offered a paid position at my Externship site and my private practice is growing with several regular clients."
– William Power, NHI Graduate