Aromatherapy is the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote health. It seeks to unify physiological, psychological and spiritual processes to enhance an individual’s innate healing process.
In our aromatherapy class, you will:
- Learn the history of aromatherapy
- Define what essential oils are – this is the key to aromatherapy
- Discover the benefit of essential oils in a massage setting
- Learn how these aromas enter our bodies and affect us physiologically and holistically
You will also learn the properties of seven specific oils, and get to custom blend their own aromatherapy massage oil, as well as administer an aromatherapy facial steam.
Since spas are one of the largest employers for massage therapists (29% of massage therapists work in spas!), it is crucial for you to know about:
- The various types of spas
- Spa treatments
- Expectations that spas have for therapists.
- In this class, our students also learn to perform a moisturizing aromatherapy body wrap. This particular body wrap can be easily incorporated into a private practice without expensive equipment.
- Body wraps are great additions to the massage setting, and having experience with this gives our students an edge as a massage job applicant.