1400 West Washington, Suite 300
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: (602) 542-8604
Fax: (602) 542-8804
https://massagetherapy.az.gov/sites/default/files/documents/files/app%20and%20inst%20updated%205-31-16_1.pdf * to print out application
Steps to Getting an Arizona License as an NHI graduate
- Reach 700 hours in the NHI program
- Pass MBLEx Exam (have results sent to Arizona)
Fill out MBLEx Result Transfer Form (Above) to have proof of test sent to Arizona
Pass the National CertificationBoard for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Fill out “Regular” application, either paper copy or online
- Request transcripts from NHI (Link Above), send directly to the Arizona Massage Board.
- Provide a color 2 x 2 photo.
- Provide a fingerprint card with your application. The card should have APPLICANT on the left hand corner. (this must be done at a fingerprint location) Form can be found on Arizona website.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship / Non U.S. Citizenship. List A and B are included with application.
- Page #4 of the application must be notarized correctly.
- A money order or a cashier check only will be accepted for payment; payable to the AZ MASSAGE BOARD. Or Credit Card if Online application.
$2.50 – Convenience fee for online application
$217.00 – Total fee to process a 2-year License
$242.00 – Total fee to process a 2-year License, and an optional wall certificate ($25.00 fee)
- Once the application is completed you will receive a username and password and will be able to log into your account to check the status of your application and license.
$20 – Transfer MBLEx results to Arizona (Non-Applicable if you indicated to
send results to Arizona on your original FSMTB application)
$15 – Original Transcripts sent to Arizona from NHI
$5-15 – Passport picture. Or download an app on your phone & print out/upload picture.