Massage Schools: Aromatherapy Massage Training
NHI Students Demonstrate Aromatherapy Steam Infusions
Aromatherapy is an ancient art that has regained popularity and relevance in the massage and spa setting.
In our aromatherapy class, students:
- Learn the history of aromatherapy
- Define what essential oils are - this is the key to aromatherapy
- Discover the benefit of essential oils in a massage setting
- Learn how these aromas enter our bodies and affect us physiologically and holistically
Students also learn the properties of seven specific oils, and get to custom blend their own aromatherapy massage oil, as well as administer an aromatherapy facial steam.
Students love this work!
Since spas are one of the largest employers for massage therapists (29% of massage therapists work in spas!), it is crucial for students to know about:
- The various types of spas
- Spa treatments
- Expectations that spas have for therapists.
In this class, our students also learn to perform a moisturizing aromatherapy body wrap. This particular body wrap can be easily incorporated into a private practice without expensive equipment.
Body wraps are great additions to the massage setting, and having experience with this gives our students an edge as a massage job applicant.
Select any box below to learn more