The following are policies to which you agree to abide by when you book a massage in our Student Massage Clinic:
- Massages offered are for therapeutic purposes only.
- The student massage therapist does not diagnose illness, disease, or any physical or mental disorder; does not prescribe medical or pharmaceutical treatment; and does not do spinal manipulations.
- Massage in our clinic is not a substitute for medical care by a licensed health care provider.
- Massage therapists are randomly assigned. We do not accommodate special requests pertaining to gender, age, race, experience, etc.
- Massage therapists are only allowed to perform modalities and techniques in which they have been trained.
- Cubicle curtains will be closed while you change, and remain open during the session to accommodate teacher “coaching”. Teachers and other students may observe the session as part of the learning process.
- Any client under 18 years old is required to have a parent/guardian present in the cubicle for the duration of the massage. If the parent/guardian is also receiving a massage the minor will be assigned to a cubicle adjacent to that of the parent/guardian and the curtain between the cubicles will be open.
- No perfumes, scents, etc. – clean personal hygiene
- Client may not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when present
- Cell phones off; if a call must be taken/made client will leave the Clinic room
- The client is responsible for their personal belongings
- Client is responsible for informing the massage therapist of any medical conditions and medications which they are taking, and any known implications for massage
- Control of pressure is up to the client. Client may ask for more or less pressure, and may end the session if uncomfortable.
- Any sexually implicit behavior initiated by the client will result in the immediate termination of the session for which no refund will be given. Furthermore, we will no longer allow the client in our clinic.
- We do not accept tips. This is an educational environment.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is required, or a $10 fee is levied.
- A confirmation call or email from NHI is a courtesy. The client is responsible for keeping the appointment with or without a confirmation call.
- Massage sessions will end at the scheduled time. If the massage session is shortened due to late arrival, the client is still responsible for full payment.
- The massage session may be cancelled if the client is more than 10 minutes late and a $10 late cancellation fee will be added to the account.
- The NHI massage clinic is a training class. Student absences may occur which may cause your session to be cancelled. If that happens, you will be given $10 off your next appointment at NHI’s massage clinic.