Basic Student Massage Therapy Training Clinic Policies:
- No perfumes, scents, etc.; good personal hygiene.
- Not here while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Cell phones off; if a call must be taken/made, client leaves Clinic room.
- We do not accept tips.
- The client takes responsibility for personal belongings.
- Control of pressure is up to the client; clients may ask for less pressure, and may end the massage session if uncomfortable.
- Please state all the medical conditions your massage therapist needs to know.
Important NHI School of Massage Training Student Massage Clinic Policies:
- The massages offered at NHI School of Massage Training are for therapeutic purposes only. Therefore, any sexually implicit behavior will result in the immediate termination of the session for which no refund will be given. Furthermore, we will no longer allow you to be a client of the NHI Teaching Clinic.
- The student massage therapist does not diagnose illness, disease, disease, or any physical or mental disorder; does not prescribe medical or pharmaceutical treatment; and does not do spinal manipulations. This massage is not a substitute for medical care by licensed health care providers.
- Massage therapists are assigned randomly by the Clinic Supervisor that is part of the school of massage training and no special requests for a massage therapists gender, size, age, race, etc. will be accommodated. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Any client under 18 years old is required to have a parent/guardian present in the cubicle for the duration of the massage. If the parent/guardian is also receiving a massage the minor will be assigned to a cubicle adjacent to that of the parent/guardian and the curtain between the cubicles will be open.
- 24 hour cancellation policy, or a $10 fee is levied.
- A confirmation call or e-mail from NHI is solely a courtesy; the client is responsible for keeping the appointment with or without a confirmation call.
- This is massage therapy training, and a Teacher or other student may enter the cubicle to observe the student and their massage therapist training.
- The Clinic is an NHI massage therapy training class, and student absences may occur which may cause your session to be cancelled. If that happens, you will be given $10 off your next appointment at NHI's school of massage teraining student clinic.
- Massage sessions will end at the scheduled time, even if you are late in arriving.
- You pay full price even if you are late, and your session may be cancelled if you are more than 10 minutes late.
"The fact that I can afford to come here once a week
rather than once every couple weeks, that makes it worth it,"
said Joe Ellis, a 59-year-old San Francisco parks and recreation
director... "Just being pampered a little bit, that prepares
me to go deal with the kids."
- “Frugal Clients get the Treatment”, SF Chronicle,
June 6, 2003