Please note that for the safety of all guests, students, and staff, NHI will continue to require Universal Masking for all on premises – regardless of individual vaccination status. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you. Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled session to complete the updated pre-session client intake forms including a COVID-19 Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk form, which must be completed before each visit.
The following are policies to which you agree to abide by when you book a massage in our Student Massage Clinic:
- Massages offered are for therapeutic purposes only.
- The student massage therapist does not diagnose illness, disease, or any physical or mental disorder; does not prescribe medical or pharmaceutical treatment; and does not do spinal manipulations.
- Massage in our clinic is not a substitute for medical care by a licensed health care provider.
- Massage therapists are randomly assigned. We do not accommodate special requests pertaining to gender, age, race, experience, etc.
- Massage therapists are only allowed to perform modalities and techniques in which they have been trained.
- Cubicle curtains will be closed while you change, and remain open during the session to accommodate teacher “coaching”. Teachers and other students may observe the session as part of the learning process.
- Any client under 18 years old is required to have a parent/guardian present in the cubicle for the duration of the massage. If the parent/guardian is also receiving a massage the minor will be assigned to a cubicle adjacent to that of the parent/guardian and the curtain between the cubicles will be open.