This page is intended to provide information about National Holistic Institute’s programs, pursuant to the Code of Federal Regulations related to student consumer information and programs that prepare students for gainful employment. National Holistic Institute has campuses located in Emeryville, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Studio City, and Petaluma, California and is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and approved to operate in California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
Student Consumer and Gainful Employment
Student Consumer Information
National Holistic Institute
5900 Doyle Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
Type: <2-year, Private for-profit
Awards offered: Less than one year certificate
One but less than two years certificate
Campus setting: Suburb: Large
Campus housing: No
Student population: 305 (all undergraduate)
Student-to-faculty ratio: 17 to 1
American Indian or Alaskan Native: 1.3%
Black or African American: 9.2%
Natice Hawiian or other Pacific Islander: 2.0%
Two or more races: 14.4%
Race/ethnicity unknown: 5.9%
|Type of Aid||Number Receiving Aid||Percent Receiving Aid||Total Amount of Aid Received||Average Amount of Aid Received|
|Grant or Scholarship Aid¹||543||65%||$2,332,132||$4,295|
|Federal Student Loans||677||81%||$6,549,654||$9,675|
¹Grant or scholarship aid includes aid received, from the federal government, state or local government, the institution, and other sources known by the institution.
For more information on Student Financial Assistance Programs or to apply for financial aid via the web, visit Federal Student Aid.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Some Gainful Employment Definitions
- On-time Completion Rate (as defined in 34 CFR 668.6 (c)). This number is based on the students who graduated during the award year, and did so within “normal time.” Normal time is based on the published length of the program in the catalog. This rate is not reflective of the overall completion rate of the program.
- Placement Rate is based on two separate methodologies:
- National Holistic Institute’s accrediting body, ACCET, defines the placement rate as the number of students who completed their program within 150% of the program length during the reporting period who found a job in their field of training, divided by the number of completers available for employment (completions minus no more than 15% waivers).
- The California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education defines the placement rate as the number of graduates (completers) employed in the field by the number of graduates available for employment.
- “Graduates available for employment” means the number of graduates minus the number of graduates unavailable for employment.
- “Graduates employed in the field” means graduates who are gainfully employed within six months of graduation in a position for which the skills obtained through the education and training provided by the institution are required or provided a significant advantage to the graduate in obtaining the position.
- “Graduates unavailable for employment” means graduates who, after graduation, die, become incarcerated, are called to active military duty, are international students that leave the United States or do not have a visa allowing employment in the United States, or are continuing their education at an accredited or bureau-approved postsecondary institution.
- Tuition and Fees are the tuition and fees charged for the program. Cost of Program includes tuition and fees and other incidental costs of the program when completed in “normal time” (i.e., the published length of the program in the catalog).
- Median Loan Debt is the median debt incurred through Title IV HEA loans and other private financing sources by students who complete the program.
Net Price Calculator
Financial Aid Office Code of Conduct
To review the Financial Aid Office Code of Conduct, click here.